The Monthly Rag

Maybe this should be called the daily poop...But that would imply posts would go up on a daily basis and that shit just aint gonna happen.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

P90Xing is a pain in my ass

Literally and figuratively.

Not only does my ass hurt, but I've made a commitment to do this program 6 days a week for 3 months. I started the program at the very tail end of November and the results have been astonishing, despite my near 2 weeks hiatus because of winter vacation. (some commitment huh?) One day, I may be brave enough to post the before pictures, but for right now, I'm still too close to my before pictures to actually see a difference in a digital photo. It has also completely disrupted my social life (not really) and I find I have to plan my evenings around when I do P90X. Wow talk about being a nerd. But you want to know what, fools? I'm going to be a fit nerd that can outrun your grandma. That's right, you heard me. Your GRANDMA.

But seriously, the astonishing results is in my performance. Even after laying off running for nearly 3 months with a few jogs scattered here and there, I was able to shave my time by 2 1/2 minutes. WTF?? I know right? 2 1/2 minutes? That timing seems like a ridiculous lie, but fortunately, it's not. My time for last week's 5K was 27.39. At this rate, I'll soon be able to outrun yo' daddy. (that goes out to Amy and her daddy)

No comments: