The Monthly Rag

Maybe this should be called the daily poop...But that would imply posts would go up on a daily basis and that shit just aint gonna happen.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Running Update

I have been mildly depressed over the past few months because my running career came to a screeching halt on October 11th. I ran a 10K race and by the end of it, I thought both of my knees were trying trying to emancipate themselves from the rest of my body. The pain was jolting and I was pretty sure I had damaged my knees beyond repair. I was crushed. For an entire month, I moped around the house wondering what I could possibly do to replace the runners high.


My buddy at work recommended his chiropractor repeatedly and I of course ignored him until I was about ready to hurl my bloated ass off a ledge.

Since meeting the good Doctor Choy, I am back in the saddle babee! He figured out both my knee ailments and fixed them for me. I ran close to 7 miles the other night without a twinge in either knee. I run a small 5K tomorrow in Santa Monica. My goal, under the steady guidance of the good doc is to run 15 miles by the end of the month and my first 13.1 in February!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Stef said...

I love your blog, but MAN, I HATE visiting it! Can you make your photos more uncomfortable???

Anyways, congrats on being able to run again!